Canadian Dream

Frenemy...

Thursday, July 9, 2009

I first encountered the word Frenemy, when an Ex girl, loaned me her DVD collection of the TV Series "Sex and the City".

It may sound like its a new word, but apparently it is not.

According to Wikipedia:

"Frenemy" (sometimes spelled "frienemy") is a portmanteau of "friend" and "enemy" which can refer to either an enemy disguised as a friend or to a partner who is simultaneously a competitor.[1] The latter can describe personal, geopolitical, and commercial relationships both among individuals and groups or institutions. The word may have appeared in print as early as 1953."


What can I say, I do not like the word. I see things either; or.

I do not like Words that mutate to have both meanings at the same time, like this word Frenemy.

What would you feel if somebody tells you, you are my Frenemy with a smile, are you supposed to be happy or fear for your life?

Gone are the days when you say you are not hungry, because you just ate.

Frenemy, whats next?

Lohate? Fihire? Sappy?


0 comments:

About This Blog

This blog is about the Sun, and everything on it. Discussions and discourses of the author that he normally only shares with himself.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP